Hi Val & Adam,

Congratulations on this amazing work.  It reminds me of the tip of the
iceberg.  There is so much work that came before this book that isn't
visible, but this book would have been impossible without all of the
ground work that came before it.

It is a very fun book to look through.  I love how it is based on actual
usage, rather than opinion.  I might have to open up the symbol
frequency reports to see how often the different hand shapes are used.
It is very interesting.

Thanks for the mention on page 2.  I am proud that I was able to
encourage your work.

Warm regards,
-Steve

On 8/15/13 4:56 PM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> August 15, 2013
>
> Hello SignWriting List!
> We have a new book to share with the world.... Adam Frost used
> SignPuddle Online (www.signpuddle.org <http://www.signpuddle.org>) to
> search to see how many hand symbols were used to write American Sign
> Language in the ASL Dictionary, ASL Literature and ASL Bible
> databases, and through that process, 86 hand symbols were chosen. This
> is out of the 261 hand symbols in the entire International SignWriting
> Alphabet (ISWA 2010) (http://www.signbank.org/iswa/).
>
> So here is the new book, free for download:
>

> NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual
>
> Available in four formats:
> PDF, PowerPoint, Keynote and a Printed Book
>
> Go to:
> http://www.signwriting.org/lessons/books/
>
> Thank you, Adam! And I hope you all enjoy the new book ;-)
>
> Val ;-)
>
> PS. It is very similar to the International Hand Symbols Manual…just a
> smaller book…
>

> Valerie Sutton
> SignWriting List moderator

> SignWriting List Archives & Home Page