Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 14:56:09 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual
To: [log in to unmask]

SignWriting List
August 15, 2013

Hello SignWriting List!
We have a new book to share with the world.... Adam Frost used SignPuddle Online (www.signpuddle.org) to search to see how many hand symbols were used to write American Sign Language in the ASL Dictionary, ASL Literature and ASL Bible databases, and through that process, 86 hand symbols were chosen. This is out of the 261 hand symbols in the entire International SignWriting Alphabet (ISWA 2010) (http://www.signbank.org/iswa/).

So here is the new book, free for download:

NEW BOOK: American Sign Language Hand Symbols Manual

Available in four formats:
PDF, PowerPoint, Keynote and a Printed Book

Go to:

Thank you, Adam! And I hope you all enjoy the new book ;-)

Val ;-)

PS. It is very similar to the International Hand Symbols Manual…just a smaller book…