If I can't immediately read a sign, I will try to sign it 'out loud'.  If I am reading receptive, I get all confused, because it doesn't feel right.

cherie

From: Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2013 9:54 AM
Subject: one more receptive/expressive question

Hi again! Thanks to all who responded to my earlier question - such helpful responses! I'll be sure to keep you all updated about the paper.
I noticed something in your replies that made me think of an additional question: most of you talked about the process of writing and how expressive/receptive affects that process. Do any of you have any thoughts on how the choice affects reading? For example, when you read something written expressively, do you think that it makes you experience the writing differently? Are you more likely to sign it "out loud" (physically perform the signs in whole or in part while signing)? To notice spelling or writing choices that would differ from your own? Does putting yourself in the writer's shoes make you relate to them more?
Thanks!
Erika

--
Erika Hoffmann-Dilloway