Yes, the visual reversal is different and really interesting!

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 22, 2013, at 9:11 PM, "Valerie Sutton" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

SignWriting List
August 22, 2013

But in spoken language, you do not have to switch right side with left side -

In spoken language, just because you don't agree with what is being said, it does not mean that you are hearing a scratchy voice versus a high voice versus a low voice when reading the concepts that you disagree with -

But this is exactly why another research lab wanted to research the amazing SignWriting phenomena of the "ability" to write receptive and expressive -

There is no way in the English alphabet to physically right the high tones or the low tones or the scratching tones or the screaming tones - except for of course some tonal languages perhaps - smile - but that is not English -

So once again, I think the production of sound of an excited sentence does not mean we are writing the exact tone of the original writer - the thinker who is reading it puts those excited tones into it I think - and that for me seems to be expressive -

Well - I think we need a new research grant to research this with MRI equipment!

I only know that Deaf writers who were signing as their first language, who were skilled in SignWriting for 4 years, requested Expressive because they wanted it - smile - and I followed their lead ;-)

Val ;-)

-------