Hoi,

There is this wonderful English expression: the law is an ass.. Given that the practice of law is different in all countries, it means that the precise legal text of a license is often rephrased to suit the law of the land... Unported means that it is closest to what is intended without any of the special language and whatnots needed for a given jurisprudence.
Thanks,
      Gerard