  1. Some people say "why do they not use English".. How different is a sign language from a spoken language
American Sign Language use manual hands to communicate with other deaf community.
ASL is different than spoken language is that it has its own grammar in terms of their own phonological and morphological sense. Glossing in English’s purose is to understand ASL.
  1. How do you explain what it means when a language cannot be written
Language cannot be written in a sense communicationusing morse code or semaphore but human language can exchange thoughts, ideas with each other.
  1. SignWriting is a script. How many languages are written in SignWriting
Not know if there is any.
  1. Can you recognise what sign language it is from a written text
Sign Writing is sometimes hard to recognize because some are iconic and some are arbituary.
  1. What are the most active sign languages as far as you know
As for me, I use ASL on daily basis.
  1. The use of SignWriting is growing rapidly. How do you know about how it develops- not able to answer this question

  1. Can SignWriting be used on mobile phones or is there an app for that-Yes

  1. Are there many schools where they teach SignWriting- Not that I know of
But I would like to buy sign writing keyboard with regular abc keyboard combine so it is easier for me to translate.
  1. How hard would it be to have the pupils at these schools write two articles a month ... How many Wikipedias could be started that way

  1. Why is Wikipedia strategically important for getting more people to know about SignWriting
Sign writing is important to transmit visual concept for subjects are hard to explain: Philosophy, bible, etc.

I hope this helps. J
Melinda Gerstein