1. Some people say "why do they not use English".. How
different is a sign language from a spoken language?
Why write ASL? Why not English?
Why grammar, thought, brain. ASL learning process is not the same.
2. How do you explain what it means when a language
cannot be written.
Writing sends language to people who are not present. Preserves history, transmits to the future.
3. SignWriting is a script. How many languages are
written in SignWriting?
Now writing many languages. 40 and continuing.
4. Can you recognise what sign language it is from a
written text? Yes, I can. From style, grammar, vocabulary. Just like French and English.
9. How hard would it be to have the pupils at these
schools write two articles a month ... How many Wikipedias
could be started that way?
If students learn SignWriting and can use the translate feature and have a good teacher to help, this is possible.
- Charles Butler