Isn't this already covered under 01-006-009-01-02-01. This is Under the handshapes that govern the use of the little finger. Wouldn't this be that sign? That's Group 6 which shows the little finger forward and bent with the other fingers straight. I believe it is used in Ethiopian sign language so it was already written. The point of the little finger now being shown is that it is down and bent, not up and visible.

Charles Butler
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

From: Stefan Woehrmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:46 AM
Subject: hand shape BSL 9

Hi Valerie, Adam, Maureen  and friends,

for some hours I am busy to look at BSL signs...

There are various online-video – tutorials that show a variety of how to sign the numbers ...;-))

Just a question ... do we have in the actual symbol set the hand shape some of the signers prefer for signing “nine”

Flat-hand ... or  five-hand  but pinkey bent toward palm ( personally I have problems to perform this hand shape without to much effort)

What do you think about my attempt to construct this hand shape?

All best

Stefan