Hoi,

For your information, I am a member of the language committee of the Wikimedia Foundation. Yes, the rule is that we need activity of multiple people and this and that. However, the fact of having people on a committee is also very much that we can bend the rules when there are good arguments for it.

The big reason why we need a Wikipedia in any sign language is because it will show that it is possible to have a Wikipedia in a sign language. The reason why I will support the first wikipedia in any sign language is because there are few things likely to get noticed as much as such a precedent.

This precedent is particularly important to anyone who communicates in any sign language. Given that there are still people who do not know that SignWriting exists this is really relevant to me.

What I want is the children of any secondary school who use SignWriting for their sign language to have assignments that result in the publication in the Wikipedia for their sign language. Consider a class with 20 students, writing one article a week... How many Wikipedias could we have as a result ??

Thanks,
      Gerard