 From: Stefan Woehrmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:46 PM
Subject: AW: FingerSpeller for German Sign Language

Hi Steve, Valerie and
friends...

thank you so much.

Let me ask you for the
favor to check two aspects to improve this option:

1) I can write uppercase or lowercase.
In any case the appropriate finger alphabet letter appears. That's great!
Unfortunately this does not work on the Umlauts. (Ä,ä, Ü,ü, Ö,ö)   Here, the finger-alphabet
characters appear only in capital letters. For a quick work that would be a
hindrance.

2) The letter "ß" is shown in the DGS by moving up and down the "S-hand"
The combination of “SS” shows
the “S-hand” moving to the right – jus as any other letter if it showes up as a
double-combination (aa,bb,ee, ff....)

In the FingerSpeller config file for German Sign Language you prepared so
far the signs for “ß”  and “ss” have to be exchanged.

“Ss” is like this:

“ß”  is like this

..and of course Valerie I
agree with your idea to change the design a little bit ...smile

All best

Stefan