I have added *alfabeto as a grouping for the fingerspelling alphabet for Brazilian Sign Language. There will need to be some notes for the various dialects of LIBRAS as there are multiple orientations for H, P, and the four different punctuations (tilde, acento agudo, acento grave, circumflexo) and c (with a cedilla).

Charles Butler
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

From: Stefan Woehrmann <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2013 4:46 PM
Subject: AW: FingerSpeller for German Sign Language

Hi Steve, Valerie and friends...

thank you so much.

Let me ask you for the favor to check two aspects to improve this option:

1) I can write uppercase or lowercase. In any case the appropriate finger alphabet letter appears. That's great!
Unfortunately this does not work on the Umlauts. (Ä,ä, Ü,ü, Ö,ö)   Here, the finger-alphabet characters appear only in capital letters. For a quick work that would be a hindrance.

2) The letter "ß" is shown in the DGS by moving up and down the "S-hand"
The combination of “SS” shows the “S-hand” moving to the right – jus as any other letter if it showes up as a double-combination (aa,bb,ee, ff....)

In the FingerSpeller config file for German Sign Language you prepared so far the signs for “ß”  and “ss” have to be exchanged.

“Ss” is like this: [log in to unmask]" height="120" width="336">

“ß”  is like this    [log in to unmask]" height="131" width="163">

..and of course Valerie I agree with your idea to change the design a little bit ...smile

All best

Stefan