 From: Stephen E Slevinski Jr <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2013 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: Sign puddle online does not translate existing words

On 10/2/13 11:37 AM, André L wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Many of the words I entered in sign puddle using sign studio are
        not displayed in the translate feature.
>Only the words are displayed without sign.
>However, with a seach on the same words, the sign is displayed.

Hi Andre,

The translate feature works with individual signs that were created
    in SignMaker.

The translate feature does not work with sign texts that were
    created with SignText.

Looking at the "assis" entry:
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/canvas.php?ui=1&sgn=47&sid=4400

The sign is boxed and a lower font size.  This indicates it was
    created with SignText.  Under the "Source", you can see the
    "SignText data" links.  This sign will not work in the current
    translate.

Here is "assistant" in the same dictionary.

Notice that it is not boxed and a larger font size.  This indicates
    is was created with SignMaker.  Under the "Search.." links, you can
    see the "Sign data" links.  This sign will work in translate.

So that's the problem.  You say you created this with "sign
    studio".  Are you talking about Jonathan's SignWriter Studio?  Or
    did you use SignText?

The solution is to move the signs from the sign text area to
    individual signs.  I'm not sure the best way to do this.

How many entries are like this?