Hi André,
     I am not sure why the sign disappears from the SignMaker box when
you click on the rewrite button.  Maybe because you didn't create the
sign or you are not the puddle administrator.  As far as I know this
isn't a SignPuddle/SignWriter issue.  Maybe someone else can help you
with this one.

     But if you want the signs to be translatable, find the sign,

then click on "Copy Sign from SignText"

then click on "copier le signe"

the choose the "Dictonnaire Quebec"

Fill out the information

Click on ajouter.

Then you can search for the sign

and click on "réécrire le signe" to fix the copy of the sign you have
just made, of course the original stays unchanged.

Now you can go to Traduire

type in "malade"

and get the sign.

I hope this helps