Hi SignWriting List,

In the last few months, there have been several improvements that make
it possible for Wikimedia Incubator to support SignWriting Text.

All of the Wikimedia projects are now available to any sign language
with a valid ISO 639 code.  The projects include Wikipeida, Wiktionary,
Wikiquote, Wikinews, Wikivoyage, and Wikibooks.

We still have lots of work to do, but the rudimentary support is enough
to get off the ground.

This is an open invite to join the ASL Wikipedia as we move to the
Incubator.  We are accepting new articles.  We have been writing the
articles in SignPuddle and pasting the articles in the Incubator text areas.

If you want to join us on Incubator, you'll need a Wikimedia login.

After you log onto Incubator, select the link to the Preferences.

Screenshot:

In the Internationalisation section, set the preferences for a "Test
wiki" of Wikipedia and a "Test wiki language" of "ase" for American Sign
Language.

Screenshot:

New articles can be written in the ASL Encyclopedia section of SignPuddle.
http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/index.php?ui=1&sgn=21

Every article needs a page title as a unique entry with no more than 13
symbols.  Additional symbols can be supported, up to a total of 19, but
result in a less accurate sort.  The Formal SignWriting string for page
titles must be less than 255 characters long.

Once you have the title with a custom SignSpelling Sequence, you can use
the FSW to create a new page using the Incubator search.

To create a new page, use the FSW of the page title to search on
Incubator.  The page will not be found, but if the title is short
enough, you can create the page.

Screenshot:

Click the red link to create the page.  Paste in the body text and save.

Regards,
?Steve
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Slevinski