Hello Valerie,

recently I researched history if writing sign languages and I realized that
the very first writing system developed by Roch-Ambroise Auguste B├ębian
(French) is in some way similar to SignWriting.
Did you know about Bebian's writing system by the time you developed
SignWriting on the basis of DanceWriting and were you inspired by his
system or not?
It is known that Stokoe created his notation system on the basis of
Bebian's..
It is very interesting fact.

It interests me because I teach about writing sign languages at University,
but I haven't found enought detail about this.

Thank you.
Honza