Hello Valerie,

recently I researched history if writing sign languages and I realized that the very first writing system developed by Roch-Ambroise Auguste Bébian (French) is in some way similar to SignWriting.
Did you know about Bebian's writing system by the time you developed SignWriting on the basis of DanceWriting and were you inspired by his system or not?
It is known that Stokoe created his notation system on the basis of Bebian's..
It is very interesting fact.

It interests me because I teach about writing sign languages at University, but I haven't found enought detail about this.

Thank you.
Honza