Hi steve and val!
Thanks for the info. I hope to give the wikibook a try soon, so will let you know if i (and i probably will) encounter any difficulties.
thanks
ps: yep LSM is the acronym used for Mexican sign language - we only discovered that a few months ago, we have been using LSM for so long now to refer to Maltese sign language, we will just have to share that acronym i think (and clarify if need be, when both languages are mentioned).
maria