On 11/4/13, 8:26 AM, Honza wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Hi Val, Steve.

I have a problem finding concrete sign through "search by symbols".
I am searching for this sign: http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle1.5/searchword.php?ui=6&sgn=52&sid=2222&sTrm=fobie2&type=any&sTxt=&sSrc=&
If I'm searching for signs including this C hanshapes (orientation is not relevant), I don't get this sign in results.
I get it only if I remove location criteria..

Can you help me explain how location criteria works?
Hi Honza,

I would be happy to explain.

Searching by location is based on 2 dimensional placement from the center of the sign.

For the sign in question, the center of the sign is the center of the head.

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

The C hand for this sign is far down in the canvas.

To use the Search by Symbol:
http://www.signbank.org/SignPuddle2.0/searchsymbol.php?ui=6&sgn=52

The hand shape in question is in the 9 group.
[log in to unmask]" alt="">

Last column, third one down.

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

The hand shape is
[log in to unmask]" alt="">

If we drag this symbol into onto the canvas in the lower location and make the hand shape "Match Any"

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

Now if we search, we find the following signs.
[log in to unmask]" alt="">

And the sign in question is found.  Third column, second one down.

Alternatively, if we move the C hand shape to the top of the search area as the following illustrates...
[log in to unmask]" alt="">

We will have different search results, only one in fact.

[log in to unmask]" alt="">

I hope that helps explain search location.

Regards,