I saw this and thought that someone should present about Stefan's Mundbilder too! I don't do the kind of research it seems like they are focusing on (corpus, etc) or else I'd try to get involved in this :)

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Maria Galea <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi friends on the List

the LREC seem to be focussing on non-manual notations this year and are calling for papers...

I immediately thought of the work of Stefan..(the mouth-pattern-writing of  DGS)..
Why don't you try to show the success of this system Stefan, that originated from SW but has been adapted by you - or if you have no time for it, as I've heard you are a busy teacher why not try to team up with someone and write the paper together?

Or anyone else naturally who has used SW for non-manual notation-  I know there are a few interested in avatar technology and SW, etc...
warmest,
Maria

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alison Vere <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 8 January 2014 11:04
Subject: Fwd: [SLLS] CfP: 6th LREC Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign Languages: Beyond the Manual Channel
To: Marie Alexander <[log in to unmask]>, Maria Galea <[log in to unmask]>, maria galea <[log in to unmask]>

FYI.

Cheers,
Alison
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Onno Crasborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 8 January 2014 10:51
To: [log in to unmask]

CALL FOR PAPERS
6th Workshop on the Representation and Processing of Sign Languages: Beyond the Manual Channel

Abstracts are invited for a full day workshop on those aspects of sign language resources that go beyond the manual channels, to take place following the 2014 LREC conference on Saturday, May 31st, 2014.

Non-manual features like facial expressions, mouth actions, head and body movements have all received extensive attention in the linguistic literature.
Recent technological developments allow sign language researchers to create relatively large video corpora of sign language use that were unimaginable ten years ago. Several national projects are currently underway, and more are planned. However, most corpus enterprises concentrate on annotation of the manual channels. This workshop aims to share experiences from current and past efforts. What are the problems that were encountered and the solutions created for recording, transcribing, annotating, and analyzing non-manual features? What are the linguistic decisions taken? The special focus of this workshop is on the coding of these non-manual aspects of signing as well as on tools related to this topic. We invite abstracts for 20-minutes papers or posters (with or without demonstrations) on the following topics:

Best practices for coding non-manual aspects of signing
Proposals for standards for linguistic annotation of non-manuals
Experiences from linguistic research using corpus data on non-manuals
Non-manuals in translation studies sign language eLearning
Advances in avatar technology for non-manuals
Automatic annotation and recognition of non-manuals

Papers of both oral/signed presentations and posters (4-8 pages) of this workshop will be published as workshop proceedings published on the conference website.

Please submit your abstract through the LREC START system at https://www.softconf.com/lrec2014/SignLanguage/ not later than Feb 6th.

When submitting a paper from the START page, authors will be asked to provide essential information about resources (in a broad sense, i.e. also technologies, standards, evaluation kits, etc.) that have been used for the work described in the paper or are a new result of your research. Moreover, ELRA encourages all LREC authors to share the described LRs (data, tools, services, etc.), to enable their reuse, replicability of experiments, including evaluation ones, etc.

The workshop languages are English and International Sign: With financial support from the LREC conference and other institutions, the oral/signed presentations will be interpreted into International Sign. The International Sign interpreters will also be around for the poster sessions to help out where necessary. Deaf participants who prefer to bring interpreters for their national sign language are kindly encouraged to do so and to contact us well ahead of time so that we can plan the room accordingly.

For more information, have a look at the workshop website at http://www.sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de/lrec2014/

Organising Committee: Onno Crasborn, Eleni Efthimiou, Evita Fotinea, Thomas Hanke, Julie Hochgesang, Jette Kristoffersen, Johanna Mesch
Organising Committee email address: lrec2014 (at) dgskorpus.de

Dr. O.A. Crasborn

Department of Linguistics & Centre for Language Studies
Radboud University Nijmegen
PO Box 9103, NL-6500 HD Nijmegen, Netherlands

Alison Vere

Skype: av5118
ooVoo: ajvere

Mobile