February 2, 2014

Hello Thor!
Great to hear from you.

Jake Chasan, the SignWriting APP developer, is no longer on the SignWriting List, but I bet he will answer your question if you write to him - I just forwarded your message to him. His contact information is at the bottom of this email. Maybe you can write to him privately to ask him -

I do not know if Jake does any programming for Android or not - Jake did this Apple version as a gift to us. Our organization does not have funding to pay for APP programming - but if you feel there is support and you and others can create an Android version - that would be wonderful - and I am sure it will be used -

The Signbook App by Lasse Schneider is also a wonderful tool. It would be good to have an Android version of the Signbook.App too - I really enjoyed using the Signbook App on an iPad the other day and I started to realize how useful it was -

I have been slow to learn how to use iPads and iPhones, because I do not travel and it saved money just to use computers as I was used to - but I am starting to see the value in these little devices - ha!

The Apps for SignWriting are really the tools that triggered my interest ;-)

Val ;-)

-------