Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 22:30:17 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Help with mouth and teeth symbols and SpeechWriting
To: [log in to unmask]

SignWriting List
March 30, 2014

Hello André!
Of course, Stefan Woehrmann is the developer of SpeechWriting so he is the one to talk to about this, but here are some links:

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/mundbild_lesen_lernen001.htm

http://www.gebaerdenschrift.de/read/Mundbilder/uebersicht_mundbilder.htm#%C3%9Cbersicht%20Mundbilder

As you know, it is called Mundbildschrift in German -

Stefan used the Mouth symbols in SignWriting to create a standardized way of writing the way speech looks on the mouth - so when you memorize the symbols and what they represent, people can mouth the words -

So the above web pages list the standard way of writing each sound on the mouth - using the SignWriting mouth symbols plus a few extras added symbols which Stefan developed -

Feel free to correct me, Stefan…we really need you to explain this well -

Val ;-)

--------