SignWriting List
May 14, 2014

This is where signs seem to be “experienced" differently by writers ...over time the different choices of SignSpellings are listed and one spelling seems to be used more than the others and so it becomes more standardized - it is a form of spelling “evolution"-

When I look at the video and Eduardo’s last writing, it works for me - it seems easily read to me -  including the ending position and the movement - but I am sure there are other ways to interpret it and write it -

Isn’t that fascinating? People need flexibility because we see things differently -

That is actually going to be a part of my presentation at the SignWriting Symposium - about the evolution of writing styles over 40 years of writing sign languages -

Anyway - I suppose the Rotation Arrow could be taken away completely and just have a movement arrow up and then finish in the finishing position which shows the rotation through the last position - that would be easier maybe -

I must get back to work on the web pages for the Sympoisum - and thank you everyone for this discussion -

Val ;-)

——