June 15, 2014

Hello everyone -
I want you all to know that I am reading your messages and taking notes - We will do the best we can to make communication work for everyone - Later, after the live event is over, I plan to go back to each video of the live presentations and caption them and maybe even add a sign language interpretation later… so that will be done in the long run …the really fascinating issue is how to make a live event understood by everyone at the moment of the presentation, and like the United Nations, it is not easy!

The easiest and cleanest is to always provide ASL interpreting throughout and that is all, but that does not help the Brazilian Deaf people who will be presenting in their native languages, so there will be exceptions -

Regarding multiple spoken languages at the same time, like German to English to ASL - that is so interesting and I would love to do it, if we can find a way for the technology to give us the opportunity -

I hope we can figure out how to add all these interpreters to the software - once we have the software understood I just have to find the actual interpreters - for example - Stefan - do you know of a German-to-English interpreter that you like?

Put them in contact with me and we can work it out with them -

Val ;-)

———