To answer your first question, as Stefan so quickly replied to, yes these are all used. They do not mean the same thing, however. Before I get into the first set, which is talking about rotations, I will explain the arrows themselves. Iím sure you know the circle arrows below:

Notice how the first one is on the wall plane. The second is a vertical circle that is intercepting with the floor plane and wall plane. Now letís break these circles into quarter arrows. We get this configuration:

As you notice, several of the arrows that you asked about are in the vertical circle broken into quarters. Do you see how they are different now?

Now letís go back to your first set, the rotations. Imagine your arm rotating on a axis along the rotation line moving in the direction of the arrows. They are not the same either.

Now your next question asks how do you know if the rotation is by 90 or 180 degrees. You donít really know from the symbol themselves. They werenít meant to be that specific because most people donít usually see a difference in mean by that much. If someone wishes to make that distinction clear, they can write the before and after handshape. It is for this reason that you will not usually see 1A.

For 6 and 7, I will use the wall plane equivalent to show how the movement is on the vertical plane that intercepts the wall and floor plane. Imagine that the arrow is moving away from you rather than moving across and you will have the correct movement.

Adam