June 13, 2014

Thank you, Claudia, for responding. So you will be speaking in English, but do you have Italian Deaf signers, or French Deaf signers, who will be watching your presentation? There is always a chance someone might just see it on YouTube later I guess, and later we could always attached interpretations to YouTube videos, but during the LIVE presentation on Google Hangouts, they have provided the world with a “Sign Language Interpreter App” that places a little bubble for the interpreter to the side of the presenter, and if the interpreter has their own computer, they can appear in that bubble and sign for you while you are speaking…I think that is pretty cool! They also provide a captioning tool for live captioning - wow - such opportunities ;-)

So if we were to give your presentations a sign language interpreter, which sign language would you choose?

Val ;-)