Hi SignWriting List,

What a great SignWriting Symposium 2014 and what a wonderful world of sign writers,

Thanks to everyone who presented.  It was inspiring to hear your stories and it was fascinating to learn more about your work with SignWriting.

I was fortunate enough to present 3 times during the symposium.  The video segments and my slides are available on my presentation pages.  If there are any questions or comments, I'd love to hear about them either on the SW list or privately via email.

Presentations
========
The SignPuddle Standard for SignWriting Text
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0011.html

Constructing a TrueType Font for the SignWriting Script with Unicode Characters Using the Graphite Rendering System
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0019.html

Digital collaboration with machine-readable sign language text in the SignWriting script
http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0031.html

Regards,
-Steve

Presentation Footnote
The Unicode mentioned in my presentations encodes the entire SignWriting Script.  The characters are located on plane 15 of the Private Use Area.  It has been stable since January 12th, 2012.  We have an almost working TrueType Font.

Next summer, Unicode version 8 will include a modified version of the ISWA 2010 symbol encoding.  The characters are located on plane 1 of the Supplementary Multilingual Plane .  The official proposal does not include characters needed for layout.  It might be useful if they produce a font.  It is a great acknowledgement of the standard that is the International SignWriting Alphabet 2010.  Congratulations Valerie Sutton and a special thanks to Adam Frost.