Hi Val,
    Thank you for explaining this.  I am familiar with the sign sequence.  It is implemented in SignWriter Studio but I is not currently using it to sort.  Also it being part of the the FSW where practically the first symbol of a sign sequence is compared to first symbol  of another sign sequence, and so one with the second, third symbol in the sequence until one is before the other in the default ISWA 2010 order.  Once the sign sequence is inputed, they can be easily sorted with any text sorting algorithm.
    What I got out of Charles talk is that he is proposing a different order for sorting the symbols than the default ISWA 2010 order.   Basically it would be assigned a different sort weight to each of the symbols in ISWA2010 than those currently being the default.

Thank you for sharing the link  to the SignSpelling Guidelines 2008.  It will be useful for comparing both types of sorting.

If you don't mind my asking what was it the you thought that Steve had that could help Charles with his sorting order just as he was finishing his talk?
Thanks

Jonathan