Hello SignWriting List!

I really enjoyed the Symposium even though I watched afterwards.  I am
looking forward to translations of the Portuguese and LIBRAS talks so I
can understand them.

I notice that on day three you managed to have the screen showing, and
the interpreter at the bottom. But on day four the Hangout went back to
it's old anticks and didn't show the interpreter.

Thinking of you Val, I wanted to suggest shorter sessions.  Maybe a bit
more non filmed time to set up between each presenter.  That way we get
a bit more concise talk once they are ready.
Also before the end of each talk, Steve could step in and read off the
questions for you.  That way you won't have to worry about finding the
Q&A section, and it would make it more interactive and more fully
embrace the live aspect of the symposium.

I think that a Symposium once a year would be great.

Regards,
Jonathan

On 8/2/2014 12:24 AM, Valerie Sutton wrote:
> SignWriting List
> August 1st, 2014
>
> Hello SignWriting List!
>
> Just catching my breath, after an amazing experience at the SignWriting Symposium.
>
> I feel really lucky to have shared it all with you…
>
> We have already thanked each other, and we know we appreciate each other's efforts …
>
> But what are your opinions about Google Hangouts? Did you enjoy presenting that way?
>
> How would you improve the experience next time?
>
> Let’s share our ideas here on the SignWriting List…
>
> I look forward to reading about your experiences and opinions…
>
> And what can you envision for the future? How often would you like another Symposium?
>
> Val ;-)
>

> ————
>

> Lista SignWriting
> 01 de agosto de 2014
>
> Olá Lista SignWriting!
>
> Apenas recuperando o fôlego, depois de uma experiência incrível no SignWriting Simpósio.
>
> Eu me sinto muito sortudo por ter compartilhado tudo com você ...
>
> Temos já agradeceu o outro, e nós sabemos que nós apreciamos os esforços de cada um ...
>
> Mas o que são as suas opiniões sobre o Google Hangouts? Gostou apresentando dessa maneira?
>
> Como você melhorar a experiência da próxima vez?
>
> Vamos compartilhar nossas idéias aqui na Lista SignWriting ...
>
> Estou ansioso para ler sobre suas experiências e opiniões ...
>
> E o que você pode imaginar para o futuro? Quantas vezes você gostaria de um outro Simpósio?
>
> Val;-)

> Valerie Sutton
> SignWriting List moderator

> SignWriting List Archives & Home Page