SignWriting List
August 16, 2014

Hi Adam -
I was wondering how you would feel about this - and yes - I meant sign language interpreter - good point - so how would the voicing work? The voice interpreter could still be sitting in the box, or, we could just leave it blank when the voicing occurs?

Or the window for Sign Language Interpreter 1 could become a window for another set of slides, or used for the presenters’ second computer like Stefan had or whatever - when it is not used for interpreter 1 -

And that brings up the issue of multiple spoken languages and also live captions -

Obviously multiple spoken languages and live captions are not possible with this design - I suppose we might think through how that could work -

Maybe an app could be developed for us, that lets us have multiple spoken language tracks - the viewer can click on English to hear English and click on German to hear Gearmn - and this of course can only be possible with funding to pay all these interpreters! ;-)

For all those reading this conversation - do not worry - I am planning to get the software development donated by Google or someone - this will not be a burden to any of us - There are lots of students who want projects and one thing we are good at, is providing the world with projects - ha!

Val ;-)

------