On 9/6/2014 10:24 AM, Stephen E Slevinski Jr wrote:
> --------------------------------------
> 2: Data File of Unicode Strings to SVG Glyphs
> --------------------------------------
> On the above test page, I have a 1.1 MB zipped data file of Unicode
> strings  to SVG Glyph definition.  One glyph per line. The 37,811
> glyphs will easily fit into a 16-bit font.  In theory, the automation
> of an OpenType Font with SVG Glyphs should be possible. I've put
> together a small write-up on a typography forum.
> http://typophile.com/node/119229
Hi Steve,
     Have you considered making a font with only the fills for each
basegroup, then using CSS to do the rotation and miroring?  Because
you'll need CSS to do the symbol placement and sign layout anyways. The
font would be about 12 to 13 times smaller.  Do you see any drawbacks
doing it this way?

Regards,
Jonathan

> Regards,