Well, I can say that isn’t what Val had in mind when she wrote the SignSpelling Guidelines-2008. The only thing that I can see of mention of hands was in Syllable 1 and 3 which is the starting and ending positions. That basically means the handshapes and palm orientation rather than location. I guess I could see how positions would make someone think it was related to location, but that isn’t what is being meant here.

Adam