Maybe someday we can broadcast a panel discussion or workshop from Norway…

Val ;-)

---------

On Sep 14, 2014, at 11:31 AM, Ingvild Roald <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Really great idea,

love it,

Ingvild

Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 10:41:57 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: SignWriting Panel Discussions in Google Hangouts for one country at a time...
To: [log in to unmask]

SignWriting List
September 14, 2014

Hello Madson, Marianne and Maria and everyone…
Thank you for your responses below about the idea of SignWriting Panel Discussions broadcast and streamed live on Google Hangouts and youTube.

Adam suggested to me yesterday... Panel Discussions about the ASL Wikipedia project…it could help technicians discuss what needs to be accomplished, and it could also helps others learn how to contribute to the project with articles, or setting it up for other countries and so forth...

Then my brain started to dream...

So here are my thoughts:

SIGNWRITING BROADCASTS LIVE ONLINE

1. SignWriting Symposiums
10 to 20 International Presentations Every July
Broadcast lasts 4 hours daily (with breaks ;-)
With Published Proceedings & Web Pages

2. SignWriting Panel Discussions
One country, 4 participants, 2 interpreters,
1 moderator, 1 tech person. Broadcast lasts 1 or 2 hours.

3. SignWriting Workshops
One country, 4 participants, 2 interpreters,
1 instructor, 1 tech person. Broadcast lasts 1 or 2 hours.

Since the technology of broadcasting live online is free to everyone, why not take advantage of this remarkable opportunity?

There are some costs - interpreters, tech persons, instructors, transcriptionists and captioners need to be funded, and possibly printing costs for the printed proceedings..but those are very specific and can be funded through grants and advertising.

What do you think? We could try for a Panel Discussion or Workshop every three months…under the symbol-raining-umbrella of SignWriting for Sign Languages ;-)

SignWriting for Sign Languages

<SignWriting_Logo_Small_With_Name.jpg>

In October, we could have our first Panel Discussion… In time, if different teams in different countries wish to hold their own under the SignWriting umbrella, that is fine too. We can help to make it happen for you -

Your feedback? Madson and Marianne…do you want a SW Panel Discussion from Brazil on SignWriting research in Brazil or any other topic you choose? Can you talk to each other about what you want to do, and get back to us here on the List?

Anyone else want to organize your own SW Panel Discussion?

Val ;-)

--------