Hi Yair,
    Two colors are needed because we need one for the back of hand usually black and another for the filling in the shape so that it isn't transparent and that is usually white.  Both are on the same glyph.
For number 4.  A font would only need to be downloaded once to show any number of pages.  So it would save bandwith in the longrun.

Regards,
    Jonathan