Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 17:29:28 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Take the red pill with the SignWriting 2010 font
To: [log in to unmask]

    Hi list,

    I had a great week with the font development.  Almost everything is
    spot on perfect.  I was able to perfect the symbol sizing function:
    it is small, fast, and 100% accurate.  I'm very excited.

    I should be finished with the main font file development next week.

    I was playing around with some demonstration code that others have
    written.  I modified their code to use the SignWriting 2010 font.
    All of the graphics in these demonstrations are generated on your
    local computer and do not require a internet connection to an image
    server.

    You'll need the SignWriting 2010 Font installed to see the
    demonstrations.  I put together a page that checks if the font is
    installed and provides the links for the fonts.

    *
    http://codepen.io/Slevinski/pen/oxGCF

    Here's the first demo with the raining hand shapes.

    Full screen:

    * http://codepen.io/Slevinski/full/tCcAj

    Link with visible code:

    * http://codepen.io/Slevinski/pen/tCcAj

    It only took a few minutes to modify the code, so I found another
    example and modified that as well.  It's a little more frantic, but
    it demonstrates the power of the font.

    Full screen:

    * http://codepen.io/Slevinski/full/ijBvo

    Link with visible code: