November 9, 2014

Second, the symbols of the ISWA 2010, which will be displayed through Unicode version 8 in mid-2015, originated from writing by hand, as you know, so although the symbols are processed by computer now, there are still people, and there will always be people, who write by hand.

So here is my question to the developers of life-like drawings of hand symbols…Can a child, say age 8, write the symbols by hand? I am not talking about fast writing…not shorthand…but just easily writing the square for the fist, or the rectangle for the flat hand, so that others can read it clearly, without having to be an artist drawing life-like illustrations?

Because not everyone is an artist…and even people like myself, who cannot draw well, can write a square and a rectangle and some other lines…

So I did not go more visual than we already are, because I the whole point of SignWriting was to give the world something that could be both written by hand and computerized..

more soon -

Val ;-)