On 11/11/2014 10:11 PM, André L wrote:
> Hello,
> this is very interesting for dictionnary creation!
> Can we export an html  dictionnary sorted based on sign spelling?
Yes that is correct, all HTML dictionary export are sorted on sign spelling.
>  Does SignWriter studio import SignPuddle sign spelling?
Yes, it does
> Can sign Puddle import the SignWriter studio spelling?
Yes, it is part of the FSW when saving back to SignPuddle.
>  What happens at import or export if a word  has 2 different
> spellings, one in Sign Puddle and one in SignWriter studio?   More
> generally, how does SignWriter studio manage if the same signs are
> imported more than once?
SignWriter Studio uses the uuid field from the spml file to tell if it
is a new entry or an existing one.  If it is an existing and the
modified date is different then you are prompted if you want to update
the one in SignWriter Studio or not.

Unfortunately, the uuid field is not populated in SignPuddle.  So when
importing a duplicate entry is created.  Hopefully Steve will be able to
fix this as soon as he finishes his other projects.

Regards,
Jonathan

> André Lemyre

> Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 12:44:23 -0600
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: SignWriter Studio Suggest Sign Spelling feature
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Hi all,
>     The Suggest Sign Spelling feature is easy to use but just a few
> tips just the same.
>
> Open a sign from the Dictionary in the Sign Editor
>

> Click on each of the hand to make sure that they are entered as right
> or left.  In the Chooser you can see whether it is a right or left
> hand.  If it isn't right, then correct it in the chooser, you may need
> to fix the rotation after changing the hand.  Then click add replace
> to replace the symbol in the sign with the one from the Chooser.  The
> sign should look exactly the same as before.
>
> Then click on suggestion.  If a symbol's characteristics cannot be
> determined by the symbol itself or what it can get from the context of
> the sign, it will ask for clarification. Click either yes or no as
> appropriate.
>

> And the symbols will be added to the Spelling area in the suggested order.
>

> Make any adjustments necessary to the spelling and click Accept to
> save the changes.
>
> If you don't want the suggestion to take into account all symbols in
> the sign, drag a box to select the symbols that you do want taken into
> account.
>
> The suggestion feature does well with simple signs with fewer symbols.
>
> Please let me know if you find any areas where there can be improvement.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> email: [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
> Cel Honduras: (504)3141-1171
> Tel USA: (347)875-8442
> Skype: yojoduncan
>
> SignWriter Studio <http://www.signwriterstudio.com/>