SignWriting List
December 30, 2014

Good morning SignWriting List members!

I hope you are enjoying your holiday season.

It seems that spammers have learned how to post a message to the SignWriting List, that is not relevant to SignWriting (see message below).

I have always believed in open communication so I did not want to restrict joining our List…but I can see this openness is being slightly abused …we have had a couple of spam messages lately...

So…I will try to go into the ListServe software today, to see if I can remedy this problem…

The SignWriting List started as a private List on my computer in 1996, and then we were fortunate to be invited to join a group of Lists related to sign languages, such as the Sign Language Linguist List (SLLING) and others - This has been a real blessing because the List is served at Valencia College in Florida, and they know so much more about managing Lists than I do!

So if I cannot figure it out on my own, and if there are more spam messages, I will contact the technicians at Valencia College after New Years.

Meanwhile - Have a Happy New Year!!

I am so looking forward to 2015!

Val ;-)