Hello,
Tonight, I will provide French translation and 3 FingerSpelling: Quebec French LSQ , Tunisian Arabic, Belgian French.

Andre Lemyre

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 00:44:39 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New method of selecting handshapes in the SignWriting Keyboard
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi all.

Several days ago I reworked the handshape-selecting bit of the SignWriting Keyboard script, with the aim of making it somewhat quicker and easier to find the desired handshape. Typing is still quite a bit slower than I'd like it to be, so I'm also experimenting with a bunch of different options to try to speed things up, using the shift keys. One can duplicate symbols by pressing Shift+NextSymbol, and switch hands by pressing Shift+MiddleLane buttons. (I might move those around, as they're not the easiest keys to reach, I think.) Holding shift can also be used to move and rotate symbols faster. Any suggestions for additional ways to allow for quicker typing speeds would be much appreciated.

I'm still working on making it possible to use the script to type SignWriting into any text boxes on the internet. This is turning out to be more difficult than expected, especially since having the option to mix plain text and SignWriting is a necessity is many areas.

The keyboard currently has all of the text portions available only in English, which is rather unfortunate. If anyone wants to remedy this by translating some of the relevant messages into a sign language, that would be quite helpful:
* "Left lane"
* "Middle lane"
* "Right lane"
* "Next symbol" (or perhaps just "Next", if it won't fit otherwise)
* "Delete lefthand symbol" and "Delete righthand symbol" (or perhaps just "Delete symbol" or just "Delete")
* "Duplicate symbol" (or "Duplicate")
* "Fingerspelling mode" (or "Fingerspelling")
* "Autocomplete"
* Something like "Swap sides", indicating that the left and right hands are switched. (I don't even know what to label that in English yet...)
* "Toggle plaintext"
These need to fit into the keys, so space is limited.

Additionally, if anyone knows where I could find fingerspelling layouts in FSW for sign languages other than ASL, that would be useful.

Link to the SignWriting Keyboard script: https://googledrive.com/host/0B1Pz4n6wXAfvT18yOTFoSE5Sa2s/SWKB.html

Thanks.
--Yair Rand