Hi SignWriting list,

I would like to share a preview of the new SignMaker.  I'm not finished yet, but it is getting very close.
http://signbank.org/signmaker/

The new SignMaker is a stand alone web application that features the TrueType fonts and an integrated dictionary.  You can search the dictionary by spoken language or by signed language.

To use the new SignMaker, you need to have the TrueType fonts installed.  If you do not have the fonts installed, the SignMaker link above will provide the download links for Windows, Linux, Mac, and iOS.  Android is not yet supported.

SignMaker automatically adjusts to any window size.  The iPad mini works well.  The iPhone is a little small, but usable.

Any SignPuddle dictionary can be used with the new SignMaker.  The preview uses the ASL dictionary.  For now, the dictionary will be a snap-shot of the SignPuddle dictionary.  Later, the new SignMaker will be able to integrate with the SignPuddle dictionaries.

After SignMaker is complete, I will enhance the code to create the new SignText, so that documents can be written.

SignMaker is HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.  It can be downloaded and used offline.  Without the dictionary, the code is currently 27 KB zipped.

Regards,
-Steve