Hi Steve,

I do not quite remeber which terms are lost from the IU-interfaces, and as we are doing them over now anyway, I don't think we should bother looking for the lost ones.

Here are the Norwegian ones in the major spoken language, attaced as a Word and PDF-file. NSL will take me considerably longer

Ingvild

Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 08:17:07 -0500
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Need spoken language translations for user interface for SignMaker 2015
To: [log in to unmask]

On 4/6/15 7:42 AM, Ingvild Roald wrote:
Norwegian as soon as possible, I promise. How about signed language translations? We did those before too?
Hi Ingvild,

Thanks for helping with the translation efforts.

Yes, we will need sign language translations too.  If anyone wants to try, here are some of the details on how to make it happen.

SignMaker currently has an ASL interface for demonstration and testing.  I created it myself with SignMaker.  It will need cleaned up by someone who knows ASL.
http://signbank.org/signmaker

Here's what the edit tab looks like.

In SignMaker, create or load a sign.  Then, on the dictionary tab, the Formal SignWriting string will be clearly displayed for the current sign being edited.  Just double click the FSW string to select it all.  Then copy the string.

The translation messages file looks like this for sign languages...
    copy: 'M521x538S14c01492x503S15a20479x511S18501494x462S26500500x484',
    mirror: 'M512x533S15d00493x506S2e100488x467',
    center: 'M522x525S18222503x496S15a36495x513S22a04478x475S20500480x513S2e70a494x477',

The translation messages file can be found online:
http://signbank.org/signmaker/config/messages.js

The sign language translation is quick, especially when the dictionary of the target language is available.  SignMaker online currently only has the ASL dictionary available.  The other sign language dictionary from SignPuddle will be available soon.  More details to follow.

(Some of my previous translations to Norwegian and NSL seem to have been lost somewhere in cybespace or whereever ...)

Hmm.  Sorry to hear that.  Is there anything I can do to help?

Regards,
-Steve