Hi SignWriting List,

I shared this information with Valerie this morning and she asked that I
share it with the list.

Unicode 8 is soon to be released, and I noticed that some editors on
Wikipedia are starting to update the appropriate pages and create new one.

On the main SignWriting article, the Unicode section has been updated.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#SignWriting_in_Unicode

/"SignWriting is the first writing system for sign languages to be
included in the //Unicode Standard
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode>//. 672 characters were added in
the //Sutton SignWriting
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_SignWriting_%28Unicode_block%29>//block
in Unicode version 8.0 released in June 2015. This set of characters is
based on SignWriting's standardized symbol set//^[8]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#cite_note-8> //and defined
character encoding model.//^[9]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#cite_note-9> //^[5]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#cite_note-EversonUnicode-5> //"/

There is a new page about the Sutton SignWriting Unicode block of code
points.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_SignWriting_%28Unicode_block%29

I added an info box to the page above.

I also added a SignWriting Section to the Help section on the
Multilingual Support page.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Multilingual_support#Sutton_SignWriting

If you have the TrueType fonts installed on your system, the above table
will look like this:

There are other scattered updates throughout the English Wikipedia. More
updates are needed.  It is a marvelous work in progress.

Regards,
-Steve