Dear Valerie,
I realize that the previous document had a mistake. So this is the correct one.
Thank you,Rafaela

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: SignWriting Symposium 2015 - abstracts, bios and photos
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 21:16:59 +0000

Dear Valerie.
Here is my abstract in English.
Thank you.
Regards,Rafaela
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2015 10:11:55 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]

SignWriting ListJune 6, 2015
Dear Presenters at the SW Symposium 2015 -
Thank you for the abstracts I have already received.
I will start working on your web pages for the Symposium presentations when I receive your abstracts. Take a look at this web page to see an example of how the Symposium web pages look…
SignWriting Symposium 2014Presentation by Claudia Bianchinihttp://www.signwriting.org/symposium/presentation0001.html
As you can see, if you click on “Authors” on the above web page, it takes you to the biographies and photos of the presenters.
So, if you are a first-time presenter at the Symposium, I will need your biography and photos, as well as your Abstracts. If you presented in 2014, then I already have your bio and photos, unless you wish to update them, and if so, no problem - Just send me the updated files.
Also, if you wish to have a bi-lingual posting of your abstract and bio in your native language and also in English, you are welcome to send me the files in one language, or both, or I can arrange for the English translation…it is all good...
This is so much fun to be in touch with so many talented people -
Look forward to hearing from you -
Val ;-)

———

SIGNWRITING SYMPOSIUM 2015
PRESENTATION 1
“The Javascript-based SignWriting Keyboard for Use on Wikimedia and throughout the Web”

AUTHOR
Yair Rand

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: Canada
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 2
“SignWriting Electronic Flashcards for Different Sign Languages”

AUTHOR
Andrι Lemyre

LANGUAGE: English & French
COUNTRY: Quebec, Canada
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education
—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 3 “What three little pigs and a hungry wolf can teach us about sign language grammar”

AUTHOR
James Shepard-Kegl
LANGUAGE: EnglishCOUNTRY: Nicaragua & USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education
—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 4
“Embracing the Future of SignWriting with TrueType Fonts, HTML 5, and Unicode 8”

AUTHOR
Stephen E Slevinski Jr

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software

—————————————————————————————————————————
PRESENTATION 5
“The Search Possibilities of Formal SignWriting”

AUTHOR
Stephen E Slevinski Jr

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software
—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 6
“Signtype: Designing a SignWriting Font – Ideas and Challenges"

AUTHORS:
Janina Lentfφhr
Joachim Nitschke
Paul Rutrecht

AFFILIATIONS:Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Department Design (http://www.design.haw-hamburg.de)
Delegs (http://www.delegs.de)

LANGUAGES:
Slide Presentation and Video Presentation
English (spoken language), Video (Sign language)

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Research

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 7
“DELEGS Editor: A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial. Learn To Create SignWriting Documents in Multiple Formats.

AUTHOR:
Stefan Wφ[log in to unmask]
www.gebaerdenschrift.de
www.signwriting.org/germany
www.delegs.com/DelegsPage/

Teacher of Deaf Children
Osnabruck School for the Deaf
Landesbildungszentrum fur Hoergeschaedigte
August-Hoelscher-Straίe 89
49080 Osnabruck
GERMANYLANGUAGES: German, German Sign Language, with English subtitles and transcriptCATEGORY: SignWriting in Education
———————————————
PRESENTATION 8
“Teacher’s Attitudes About SignWriting"

AUTHORS:Dr. Mohamed Abu [log in to unmask] Professor, Special EducationKing AbdulAziz UniversityP.O.Box 5758Jeddah 1454, SAUDI ARABIA
andDr. Abd elraroof MahfoozProfessor, University of JeddahJeddah - SAUDI ARABIALANGUAGES: Arabic and EnglishCATEGORY: SignWriting in Education————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 9
“Signing to write: SignWriting in classroom"
AUTHOR:Rafaela Cota SilvaHigher School of Educationat Coimbra, Rua Dom Joγo IIISolum 3030-329 Coimbra, [log in to unmask]
LANGUAGES:Portuguese, Portuguese Sign Language

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Education

-------------------------------------

PRESENTATION 10
“A interpretaηγo de descriηυes imagιticas na leitura de um texto em SignWriting.(The interpretation of the imagetic descriptions while reading a text in SignWriting)"
AUTHOR:
Marcos Kluber [log in to unmask]

AFFILIATIONS:Marianne Rossi Stumpf (adviser)Universidade Federal de Santa CatarinaCentro de Comunicaηγo e Expressγo - CCEBloco B - Sala 513 - Campus Universitαrio - TrindadeFlorianσpolis/SC, CEP: 88040-900, [log in to unmask]
LANGUAGES:
Portuguese, Libras (Brazilian Sign Language), International Signs (basic level)

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Research

Still want to present your SignWriting project? There is still time…smile… write to me with your Title.
The presentations at the SignWriting Symposium 2015 will be like a continuation of the 2014 Symposium - Each presentation will have its own web page, with information about the author, and links to PowerPoints, written documents and videos.
Val ;-)[log in to unmask]
Call for Papers 2015http://www.signwriting.org/symposium/2015/Call_For_Papers.html________________________________________________