Hi SignWriting List,

I shared this information with Valerie this morning and she asked that I share it with the list.

Unicode 8 is soon to be released, and I noticed that some editors on Wikipedia are starting to update the appropriate pages and create new one.

On the main SignWriting article, the Unicode section has been updated.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SignWriting#SignWriting_in_Unicode

"SignWriting is the first writing system for sign languages to be included in the Unicode Standard. 672 characters were added in the Sutton SignWriting block in Unicode version 8.0 released in June 2015. This set of characters is based on SignWriting's standardized symbol set[8] and defined character encoding model.[9][5]"

There is a new page about the Sutton SignWriting Unicode block of code points.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sutton_SignWriting_%28Unicode_block%29

I added an info box to the page above.

I also added a SignWriting Section to the Help section on the Multilingual Support page.
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Multilingual_support#Sutton_SignWriting

If you have the TrueType fonts installed on your system, the above table will look like this:

There are other scattered updates throughout the English Wikipedia.  More updates are needed.  It is a marvelous work in progress.

Regards,
-Steve