June 7, 2015

Yair Rand has chosen to present on July 21, Session 1, as you can see below. Thank you, Yair!

SignWriting Symposium 2015
Broadcasting 3 presentations a day, for 4 days.

Day 1: July 21

Session 1: Yair Rand, Canada
Session 2:
Session 3:

Day 2: July 22

Session 1: Stefan Woehrmann, Germany
Session 2: Andrι Lemyre. Quebec (confirmed)
Session 3:

Day 3: July 23

Session 1: Rafaela Cota de Silva, Portugual
Session 2:
Session 3:

Day 4: July 24

Session 1: James Shepard-Kegl, USA & Nicaragua
Session 2:
Session 3:

Note: Some presentations may be by video. It is wonderful that videos will be available for viewers, and the videos will be posted on the presentation web pages no matter what happens with the Live Streaming presentations. Steve, Adam and I will be finding a way to make the Live broadcast work well. If the videos can be shown during a Live Streaming session without losing quality we can show them during the streaming sessions, or maybe there is another way to direct viewers to the video posted on YouTube so they receive a better viewing experience…I will keep you informed …

Presenters who have not given their preference yet, see scheduling information below...

Val ;-)

---------------

SignWriting List,
June 6, 2015

Dear Presenters at the SW Symposium 2015 -

What Day & Time do you want to present at the SignWriting Symposium Online? You will be presenting online, on your own computer or iPad.

Pick a Day and Time below and write to tell me what you prefer - many thanks!

SignWriting Symposium 2015
Broadcasting 3 presentations a day, for 4 days.

Pick a day in July 2015:

Day 1: July 21
Day 2: July 22
Day 3: July 23
Day 4: July 24

Pick a Session (a Time Slot)
There are only 3 sessions per day. Below are the SAME 3 sessions, translated into different time zones for your convenience, using the 24-hour clock. Scroll down to find your country or city, and then say: “I want Day ____, Session _____.”  I will put you on the calendar ;-)

PDT - Pacific Daylight Time (La Jolla is in San Diego County, California)
Session 1:  8:00 - 9:00
    Break: 9:00 - 9:30
Session 2:  9:30 -10:30
    Break: 10:30 - 11:00
Session 3: 11:00 -12:00

CST - Central Standard Time (Nicaragua is 1 hour ahead of San Diego)
Session 1:  9:00 - 10:00
    Break: 10:00 - 10:30
Session 2:  10:30 -11:30
    Break: 11:30 - 12:00
Session 3: 12:00 -13:00

CDT - Central Daylight Time (Iowa is 2 hours ahead of San Diego))
Session 1: 10:00 - 11:00
    Break: 11:00 -11:30
Session 2:  11:30 -12:30
    Break: 12:30 - 13:00
Session 3: 13:00 -14:00

EDT - Eastern Daylight Time (Maine, Canada, Quebec are 3 hours ahead of San Diego))
Session 1:  11:00 - 12:00
    Break: 12:00 - 12:30
Session 2:  12:30 -13:30
    Break: 13:30 - 14:00
Session 3: 14:00 -15:00

BRT - Brazilia Time ( Florianσpolis, Santa Catarina, Brazil is 4 hours ahead of San Diego)
Session 1:  12:00 - 13:00
    Break: 13:00 - 13:30
Session 2:  13:30 -14:30
    Break: 14:30 - 15:00
Session 3: 15:00 -16:00

WEST - Western European Summer Time (Portugal is 8 hours ahead of San Diego)
Session 1:  16:00 - 17:00
    Break: 17:00 - 17:30
Session 2:  17:30 -18:30
    Break: 18:30 - 19:00
Session 3: 19:00 -20:00

CEST - Central European Summer Time (Germany is 9 hours ahead of San Diego)
Session 1:  17:00 - 18:00
    Break: 18:00 - 18:30
Session 2:  18:30 -19:30
    Break: 19:30 - 20:00
Session 3: 20:00 -21:00

AST - Arabia Standard Time (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia is 10 hours ahead of San Diego)
Session 1:  18:00 - 19:00
    Break: 19:00 - 19:30
Session 2:  19:30 -20:30
    Break: 20:30 - 21:00
Session 3: 21:00 -22:00

Look forward to hearing from you with your Day & Time preference -

Val ;-)

———

SIGNWRITING SYMPOSIUM 2015

PRESENTATION 1
“The Javascript-based SignWriting Keyboard for Use on Wikimedia and throughout the Web”

AUTHOR
Yair Rand

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: Canada
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 2
“SignWriting Electronic Flashcards for Different Sign Languages”

AUTHOR
Andrι Lemyre

LANGUAGE: English & French
COUNTRY: Quebec, Canada
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 3
“What three little pigs and a hungry wolf can teach us about sign language grammar”

AUTHOR
James Shepard-Kegl

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: Nicaragua & USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 4
“Embracing the Future of SignWriting with TrueType Fonts, HTML 5, and Unicode 8”

AUTHOR
Stephen E Slevinski Jr

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 5
“The Search Possibilities of Formal SignWriting”

AUTHOR
Stephen E Slevinski Jr

LANGUAGE: English
COUNTRY: USA
CATEGORY: SignWriting in Software

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 6
“Signtype: Designing a SignWriting Font – Ideas and Challenges"

AUTHORS:
Janina Lentfφhr
Joachim Nitschke
Paul Rutrecht

AFFILIATIONS:
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Department Design (http://www.design.haw-hamburg.de)
Delegs (http://www.delegs.de)

LANGUAGES:
Slide Presentation and Video Presentation
English (spoken language), Video (Sign language)

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Research

—————————————————————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 7
“DELEGS Editor: A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial. Learn To Create SignWriting Documents in Multiple Formats.

AUTHOR:
Stefan Wφhrmann

www.gebaerdenschrift.de
www.signwriting.org/germany
www.delegs.com/DelegsPage/

Teacher of Deaf Children
Osnabruck School for the Deaf
Landesbildungszentrum fur Hoergeschaedigte
August-Hoelscher-Straίe 89
49080 Osnabruck
GERMANY

LANGUAGES: German, German Sign Language, with English subtitles and transcript

CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education

———————————————

PRESENTATION 8
“Teacher’s Attitudes About SignWriting"

AUTHORS:
Dr. Mohamed Abu shaira
Associate Professor, Special Education
King AbdulAziz University
P.O.Box 5758
Jeddah 1454, SAUDI ARABIA

and
Dr. Abd elraroof Mahfooz
Professor, University of Jeddah
Jeddah - SAUDI ARABIA

LANGUAGES: Arabic and English

CATEGORY: SignWriting in Education

————————————————————————

PRESENTATION 9
“Signing to write: SignWriting in classroom"

AUTHOR:
Rafaela Cota Silva
Higher School of Education
at Coimbra, Rua Dom Joγo III
Solum 3030-329 Coimbra, PORTUGAL

LANGUAGES:
Portuguese, Portuguese Sign Language

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Education

-------------------------------------

PRESENTATION 10
“A interpretaηγo de descriηυes imagιticas na leitura de um texto em SignWriting.
(The interpretation of the imagetic descriptions while reading a text in SignWriting)"

AUTHOR:
Marcos Kluber Kogut

AFFILIATIONS:
Marianne Rossi Stumpf (adviser)
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Centro de Comunicaηγo e Expressγo - CCE
Bloco B - Sala 513 - Campus Universitαrio - Trindade
Florianσpolis/SC, CEP: 88040-900, BRAZIL

LANGUAGES:
Portuguese, Libras (Brazilian Sign Language), International Signs (basic level)

CATEGORY:
SignWriting in Research

Still want to present your SignWriting project? There is still time…smile… write to me with your Title.

The presentations at the SignWriting Symposium 2015 will be like a continuation of the 2014 Symposium - Each presentation will have its own web page, with information about the author, and links to PowerPoints, written documents and videos.

Val ;-)

Call for Papers 2015

Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1