August 8, 2015

Welcome home from vacation, Steve!

This is quite amazing, to realize that such large companies, such as MicroSoft, Google and others are already investigating using SignWriting in their products, without us directly contacting them…There are several reasons for this happening…one is the international nature of the SignWriting script, which can be used to write any sign language in the world (because it writes body movement), and also the fact that it is beginning now to be used in Unicode version 8, although we all know we are years away from a version of Unicode that will really work (smile ;-)

Nonetheless, your work with FSW, Steve, and your communication with the Unicode-related committees, has laid the groundwork for Unicode to someday be usable - so thank you for attending the meeting with all those big experts who were interested in your presentations…it went really well...

Val ;-)