On Aug 6, 2015, at 9:42 AM, Stefan Wöhrmann <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

[log in to unmask]" class="">

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages [mailto:[log in to unmask]] Im Auftrag von Valerie Sutton
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 6. August 2015 17:58
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: Re: SignWriting at University of North Dakota this summer...

SignWriting List
August 6, 2015

It was a lot of fun talking about SignWriting to students in a Phonetics course in North Dakota!

They asked me about some symbols in the ISWA 2010 in SignPuddle Online, and then I showed them DELEGS briefly, and also told them about the new SignMaker 2015. I also mentioned SignWriter Studio.

They asked me which countries use SignWriting the most, so I pointed out to them I do not know, but then I shared my screen and showed them some of the presentations at the SignWriting Symposium and it was clear that the most presentations were from Brazil…then I showed them Dr. Maria Galea’s dissertation on SignWriting from the University of Malta, and I showed them the Parkhurst books from Spain and Stefan’s textbook from Germany and the dictionaries of Catalan Sign Language, and the four large dictionary-encyclopedias from Brazil -

I also showed them the Gospel According to John in ASL and the ASL Wikipedia on the Incubator. We discussed that a group in Paraguay is using SignWriting, and also in Slovenia.

And then we were out of time -

Thanks to teacher Dianne Parkhurst for inviting me to present - I enjoyed it and it is a memory I will always remember ;-)

Val ;-)

Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1