January 29, 2016

Thank you, Dali Balti, for this third article in the Tunisian Sign Wikipedia!

Tunisian Sign Wikipedia
https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/tse

Article # 3:
"Abou Kacem Chebbi"

https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wp/tse/M537x541S30a00482x483S33e00482x483S16c48479x461S18551504x460S18535510x522S29a04522x482S37a0a456x470S3770d456x510

He is the most famous Tunisian poet, sadly he died when he was 24 years old, but he wrote too many poems which were a new phase
in Arabic poems innovation and a cutting with the past with old arabic poems! His great poems influenced too many writers, peoms, singers and NATIONS all over the world. Our Tunisian Hymn contains two verses of his poems:

When the people will to live,
Destiny must surely respond.
Oppression shall then vanish.
Fetters are certain to break.