I am looking at SignWriting as an everyday usage, not a linguistic tool. Like using the Roman alphabet to write English and to teach English using the Roman alphabet. Target users of the sign language (in this case) is someone wishing to learn ASL (deaf or hearing, pilot course adults at Howard)

Charles Butler [log in to unmask] 240-764-5748 Clear writing moves business forward.

From: James Shepardkegl <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 1:02 PM
Subject: Re: Howard University Project

Unclear inquiry: teaching a signed language to whom? Deaf children? Hearing persons? Linguists?

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 10, 2016, at 12:45 PM, Charles Butler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I am starting a literary search for studies in teaching sign languages using SignWriting as the medium. I have to start with a listing of projects that have testable results for assessing language acquisition through the tool of SignWriting. Any of you, many of whom I have worked before, able to send me links to your work?

Charles Butler [log in to unmask] 240-764-5748 Clear writing moves business forward.