February 24, 2016

> On Feb 24, 2016, at 1:36 PM, Valdenir Pinheiro <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> good afternoon Valerie prof and colleagues
> I'm curious to learn ASL classifiers in sign writing.
> can you help me?
> email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Hello Valdenir Pinheiro!

Thank you for this question.

There are two issues ...learning ASL classifiers, and then learning how to write classifiers in SignWriting.

Regarding writing classifiers in SignWriting, we add a Classifier Marker, a Tension Symbol, under the classifier. This symbol combined with the handshape let's the reader know that it is a classifier. This is explained on page 184 and 185 in the Lessons in SignWriting Textbook. See 2 attached diagrams from the book: