My greatest objection to describing classifiers using English orthography CL-1 is what happens if you don't know that 1 is the index finger and you are talking about LIBRAS in which some dialects a CL-1 would be a thumb. That's why I much prefer SignWriting because then the written orthography of English does not rub off on the sign, like the conversation that the sign KILL can use the index finger, but KILL is not a classifier, the index finger is. 1 = index finger is not universal, and with SignWriting that can never happen. If you mean the index finger, that's what you write.
 Charles Butler [log in to unmask] 240-764-5748 Clear writing moves business forward.

      From: Valerie Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2016 9:26 PM
 Subject: Re: Writing ASL Classifiers in SignWriting

SignWriting ListFeb 25, 2016
Thank you, André, for this great information! Wonderful links. I particularly like this one:
http://www.lifeprint.com/asl101/pages-signs/classifiers/classifiers-frame.htm
It lists all the classifiers on the left side and you can click on them to see examples - well done!
So now there is no need for me to make up a listing -
Valdenir - take a look at the above page...I hope this helps -
Val ;-)
-------